心流雅思 Flow IELTS

剑桥雅思 15 Test 1 Part 3 听力精听与听写练习 - 心流雅思

剑桥雅思 15 Test 1 Part 3 在线听力精听与听写练习。支持逐句播放、中英对照、收藏复习和听写训练,适合做 IELTS listening dictation。本页完整展示英文原文、中文翻译和音频入口,适合用来做雅思听力逐句精听、跟读和听写复盘。

音频与练习入口

先用下方音频整体听一遍,再点击进入心流雅思的逐句听写模式。这个练习页适合先预览题目,再进入完整交互式练习。

当前页面以内容预览为主,完整的逐句播放、听写输入、收藏和统计功能请通过上方按钮进入主练习页。

剑桥雅思 15 Test 1 Part 3 Transcript / 听力原文

  1. 1

    Ed, how are you getting on with the reading for our presentation next week?

    艾德,您下周演讲的阅读进展如何?

  2. 2

    Well, OK, Ruth - but there's so much of it.

    好吧,露丝——但是事情太多了。

  3. 3

    I know,

    我知道,

  4. 4

    I hadn't realised birth order was such a popular area of research.

    我没有意识到出生顺序是一个如此受欢迎的研究领域。

  5. 5

    But the stuff on birth order and personality is mostly unreliable.

    但有关出生顺序和性格的资料大多不可靠。

  6. 6

    From what I've been reading,

    从我读过的内容来看,

  7. 7

    a lot of the claims about how your position in the family determines certain personality traits are just stereotypes,

    很多关于你在家庭中的地位如何决定某些性格特征的说法只是刻板印象,

  8. 8

    with no robust evidence to support them.

    没有强有力的证据支持他们。

  9. 9

    OK, but that's an interesting point -

    好吧,但这是一个有趣的点 -

  10. 10

    we could start by outlining what previous research has shown.

    我们可以首先概述之前的研究结果。

  11. 11

    There are studies going back over a hundred years.

    有研究可以追溯到一百多年前。

  12. 12

    Yeah - so we could just run through some of the typical traits.

    是的 - 所以我们可以简单介绍一下一些典型特征。

  13. 13

    Like the consensus seems to be that oldest children are generally less well-adjusted

    人们似乎一致认为,年龄最大的孩子通常适应能力较差

  14. 14

    because they never get over the arrival of a younger sibling.

    因为他们永远无法忘记弟弟妹妹的到来。

  15. 15

    Right, but on a positive note,

    是的,但从积极的角度来看,

  16. 16

    some studies claimed that they were thought to be good at nurturing -

    一些研究声称他们被认为善于培养——

  17. 17

    certainly in the past when people had large families,

    当然在过去人们有大家庭的时候,

  18. 18

    they would have been expected to look after the younger ones.

    人们期望他们照顾年幼的孩子。

  19. 19

    There isn't such a clear picture for middle children -

    对于中间的孩子来说,没有这样清晰的图景 -

  20. 20

    but one trait that a lot of the studies mention

    但很多研究提到的一个特征

  21. 21

    is that they are easier to get on with than older or younger siblings.

    他们比年长或年幼的兄弟姐妹更容易相处。

  22. 22

    Mm. Generally eager to please and helpful -

    毫米。通常渴望取悦并乐于助人 -

  23. 23

    although that's certainly not accurate as far as my family goes -

    尽管就我的家人而言这肯定不准确-

  24. 24

    my middle brother was a nightmare -

    我的二弟是一场噩梦——

  25. 25

    always causing fights and envious of whatever I had.

    总是引起争吵并嫉妒我所拥有的一切。

  26. 26

    As I said - none of this seems to relate to my own experience.

    正如我所说 - 这些似乎与我自己的经历无关。

  27. 27

    I'm the youngest in my family

    我是家里最小的一个

  28. 28

    and I don't recognise myself in any of the studies I've read about.

    在我读过的任何研究中我都不认识自己。

  29. 29

    I'm supposed to have been a sociable and confident child who made friends easily

    我应该是一个善于交际、自信的孩子,很容易交到朋友

  30. 30

    but I was actually terribly shy.

    但我其实非常害羞。

  31. 31

    Really? That's funny.

    真的吗?那很好笑。

  32. 32

    There have been hundreds of studies on twins but mostly about nurture versus nature...

    已经有数百项关于双胞胎的研究,但主要是关于后天与先天的研究......

  33. 33

    There was one on personality, which said that a twin is likely to be quite shy in social situations

    有一篇关于性格的文章,说双胞胎在社交场合可能会很害羞

  34. 34

    because they always have their twin around to depend on for support.

    因为他们身边总是有双胞胎可以依靠。

  35. 35

    My cousins were like that when they were small -

    我的表弟们小时候也是这样的

  36. 36

    they were only interested in each other and found it hard to engage with other kids.

    他们只对彼此感兴趣,发现很难与其他孩子交往。

  37. 37

    They're fine now though.

    不过他们现在很好。

  38. 38

    Only children have had a really bad press -

    独生子女的舆论确实很不好——

  39. 39

    a lot of studies have branded them as loners who think the world revolves around them

    许多研究将他们标记为孤独者,认为世界围着他们转

  40. 40

    because they've never had to fight for their parents' attention.

    因为他们从来不需要努力争取父母的注意力。

  41. 41

    That does seem a bit harsh.

    这确实显得有些严酷。

  42. 42

    One category I hadn't considered before was children with much older siblings -

    我以前没有考虑过的一类是有年长兄弟姐妹的孩子 -

  43. 43

    a couple of studies mentioned that these children grow up more quickly

    一些研究提到这些孩子成长得更快

  44. 44

    and are expected to do basic things for themselves - like getting dressed.

    他们应该自己做一些基本的事情——比如穿衣服。

  45. 45

    I can see how that might be true -

    我明白这可能是真的——

  46. 46

    although I expect they're sometimes the exact opposite -

    尽管我预计它们有时会完全相反 -

  47. 47

    playing the baby role and clamouring for special treatment.

    扮演婴儿角色,吵着要特殊对待。

  48. 48

    What was the problem with most of these studies, do you think?

    您认为大多数这些研究的问题是什么?

  49. 49

    I think it was because

    我认为这是因为

  50. 50

    in a lot of cases data was collected from only one sibling per family,

    在很多情况下,数据仅从每个家庭的一名兄弟姐妹那里收集,

  51. 51

    who rated him or herself and his or her siblings at the same time.

    同时对他或她自己以及他或她的兄弟姐妹进行评价。

  52. 52

    Some of the old research into the relationship between birth order and academic achievement has been proved to be accurate though.

    不过,一些关于出生顺序和学业成绩之间关系的旧研究已被证明是准确的。

  53. 53

    Performances in intelligence tests decline slightly from the eldest child to his or her younger siblings.

    从最大的孩子到他或她的弟弟妹妹,智力测试的表现略有下降。

  54. 54

    This has been proved in lots of recent studies.

    这已在最近的大量研究中得到证明。

  55. 55

    Yes. Although what many of them didn't take into consideration was family size.

    是的。尽管他们中的许多人没有考虑到家庭规模。

  56. 56

    The more siblings there are, the likelier the family is to have a low socioeconomic status -

    兄弟姐妹越多,家庭的社会经济地位就越有可能较低——

  57. 57

    which can also account for differences between siblings in academic performance.

    这也可以解释兄弟姐妹之间学业成绩的差异。

  58. 58

    The oldest boy might be given more opportunities than his younger sisters, for example.

    例如,最大的男孩可能比他的妹妹有更多的机会。

  59. 59

    Exactly.

    确切地。

  60. 60

    But the main reason for the marginally higher academic performance of oldest children is quite surprising, I think.

    但我认为,最大的孩子学习成绩略高的主要原因是相当令人惊讶的。

  61. 61

    It's not only that they benefit intellectually from extra attention at a young age -

    他们不仅在智力上受益于年轻时的额外关注 -

  62. 62

    which is what I would have expected.

    这是我所期望的。

  63. 63

    It's that they benefit from being teachers for their younger siblings, by verbalising processes.

    他们通过言语过程从成为弟弟妹妹的老师中受益。

  64. 64

    Right, and this gives them status and confidence,

    是的,这给了他们地位和信心,

  65. 65

    which again contributes, in a small way, to better performance.

    这再次在某种程度上有助于提高性能。

  66. 66

    So would you say sibling rivalry has been a useful thing for you?

    那么你认为兄弟姐妹之间的竞争对你来说是有用的吗?

  67. 67

    I think so, my younger brother was incredibly annoying.

    我想是的,我弟弟真是太烦人了。

  68. 68

    And we fought a lot

    我们吵架了很多

  69. 69

    but I think this has made me a stronger person.

    但我认为这让我成为一个更坚强的人。

  70. 70

    I know how to defend myself.

    我知道如何保护自己。

  71. 71

    We had some terrible arguments and I would have died rather than apologise to him.

    我们发生了一些可怕的争吵,我宁愿死也不愿向他道歉。

  72. 72

    But we had to put up with each other and most of the time we coexisted amicably enough.

    但我们必须互相忍受,而且大多数时候我们都能友好地相处。

  73. 73

    Yes, my situation was pretty similar.

    是的,我的情况非常相似。

  74. 74

    But I don't think having two older brothers made me any less selfish.

    但我不认为有两个哥哥让我变得不那么自私。

  75. 75

    I was never prepared to let my brothers use any of my stuff...

    我从来不准备让我的兄弟使用我的任何东西......

  76. 76

    That's perfectly normal...

    这是完全正常的...

相关雅思听力练习

继续练习相邻 Part,或者回到首页选择 IELTS 15-19 的其他剑桥雅思听力材料。